‘I’ve never worried about the guys in Megadeth listening to this’ – Phoenix band Doll Skin eats tacos, talks music
I love Doll Skin (Sydney Dolezal, Alex Snowden, Nicole Rich, Meghan Herring). They have great music, hooks, harmonies and swagger. It was a pleasure meeting them in Crest Hill before their Bada Brew gig in mid-May. We covered a lot in a short time, including:
- Trying to appease the vegetarians in the band. How was I to know one was allergic to avocado?
- Eating on the road: It sucks.
- Not-so-lady-like burping on the microphone.
- My delay in punching up details on Facebook for the Boost Mobile live stream. It’s an age thing. Clearly.
- How they started, and how they were taken under David Ellefson’s wing. No big deal there… he’s only in MEGADETH.
- Ellefson’s advice? “Always say yes”
- Why is Dave Mustaine scary?
- My sad confession: “I’ve never worried about the guys in Megadeth listening to this.”
- The new (and anticipated) Doll Skin album “Manic Pixie Dream Girl.”
- The Boost Mobile Social Media Message of the Week gets to the bottom of why Car Con Carne doesn’t go to the suburbs as often