Stavros from Chicago metal band The Atlas Moth joins me for hedonistic, belly-stretching, food-challenge-worthy indulgence at one of Car Con Carne’s favorite places on earth: EPIC DELI.
In this fine episode (brought to you by Boost Mobile), Stavros and I talk about:
- The evolution of Atlas Moth, from doom metal to its present sound
- The weird time in history when Atlas Moth got off the ground
- Stavros’s “love/hate” relationship with social media
- The Atlas Moth’s music release strategy
- The Atlas Moth’s place in the music world: “We’ve always gone against the grain.”
- Stavros’s wrestling fan history (he went to Wrestlemania II and VI!)
- Hulk Hogan’s real issue isn’t racism, it’s …
- Why Epic Deli’s food is a good old donkey punch.
- The classic book “How to Draw the Marvel Way”
- Round Two of food could “very well be the death of us.”
- Stavros’s “amuse-bouche” approach to dining at Epic.
- “Try the JVO; I’m delicious!”
- “This is going down way too easy…”
- “It’s like a breakfast that hates you back.”
- Stavros’s comic book collection
- “Cheesecake is a way more intense cake.”
- “I would wear leggings right now.”
- Stavros’s concern about his browser history, should he not survive the meal.
- Fruity Pebbles milkshake? “Get the f*** out of here…”
- My Jesse “The Body” Ventura moment (waaaay back during his AWA days).
- The people who I hope picked up a methamphetamine habit.
- Beware of what gets sucked off near the end of the episode!
- The mysteries of bubble tea.
Tyler Wildey, Epic Deli owner, jumps in throughout the show for conversation… and to feed us some of Epic’s best food creations including:
- Pickle chips with garlic dill sauce
- Loaded tots
- The Atlas Moth sandwich
- The JVO sandwich
- The “Rocky Balboa” sandwich (Epic Deli’s spin on a Philly Cheesesteak)
- One of the weekly specials that has two 1/4 burgers, bacon, maple bacon cream cheese, a fried egg and more… sandwiched between two donuts-turned-into-waffles
- Milkshakes! Cheesecakes!
DOWNLOAD THIS EPISODE
Google Play Music