‘There’s a bar?’ – live performance from W.O.R.M. and pizza from Village Inn
Mike Reidy and Karen Righeimer from W.O.R.M.(World Organization of the Righteous Movement) meet me at Village Inn in Skokie (8050 Lincoln Avenue) for a podcast episode that includes a live performance and a visit from Village Inn Managing Partner, Desi Mulingbayan.
Covered this week:
- Village Inn is “a lovely place (in) a lovely community.”
- W.O.R.M. history.
- The first song I played on my 21st birthday ties back to W.O.R.M.
- W.O.R.M.’s opening for Pigface’s anniversary show last year.
- How Karen’s aggressiveness got her the bass gig with the band
- The correct pronunciation of “ukulele.”
- Mike’s a “backseat artist.”
- W.O.R.M. CANNOT BE OUT-GOTHED.
- The beauty of old school bar fights.
- Karen dressed for the occasion.
- Desi and I are both Niles West High School alums; we were both “Indians” before someone in the school district realized the mascot was offensive
- The Village Inn menu: Over 100 items?
- Karen’s realization of Village Inn’s awesomeness: “There’s a bar??”