Burlesque and ice cream: A visit from Peep Show
I’m joined by three of the stars of “Peep Show,” a burlesque revue currently running in Chicago. Performers Sauda Namir, Kevlar B. Lightning (The curvy cutie with a bulletproof booty) and Big Daddy met me for ice cream at George’s in Andersonville, an we talked about:
- I ordered pumpkin ice cream, because I’m a basic bitch.
- The origins of Sauda and Kevlar’s names
- How Sauda and Kevlar started in burlesque
- The evolution of burlesque in Chicago in the 21st century
- Sauda’s role in the horror flick “Dig Two Graves” (streaming on Netflix!)
- Big Daddy’s a fancy gentleman
- I took another opportunity to plug “The Invitation”
- What’s the audience like at a burlesque show?
- Are “mercenary shows” dangerous?