‘Dystopian’ Chicago band Replicant eats poutine, talks Cold Waves
This week, I eat poutine from the Donermen food truck with the members of Replicant. They jumped in the Mazda 3 right after their performance at the annual Cold Waves festival this year.
Car Con Carne is presented by Boost Mobile. Replicant and I talked about:
- Playing Cold Waves at Metro
- The industrial/Cold Waves community
- I didn’t get enough food for the entire band
- Their dystopian music and their dystopian hometown
- The band’s inspiration as they were coming up
- The pervasive influence of Wax Trax!
- The one social media URL that vexes their sense of consistency
Please let a friend know about Car Con Carne! It’s everywhere you find podcasts!