Chicago musician Xoe Wise met me for tacos at El Nuevo Taco Loco in Ravenswood (translation: The New Crazy Taco!).
This episode (sponsored by Boost Mobile) finds us talking about:
- Primo Chuki’s: Why’s that taqueria crawling with people while Nuevo Taco Loco has no customers
- Xoe’s zydeco background. Bon temps rouler!
- Xoe’s musical roots in the deep south
- Xoe’s next gig: 11/15 at Cobra Lounge
- Xoe’s last gig, with Panic Priest
- Xoe’s working relationship with producer extraordinaire Howie Beno
- Xoe’s musical evolution from folk through today, specifically on the new song “Dollhouse”
- Xoe’s homemade hot sauce… which is delicious (and truly hot)
- The conspicuous exterior of the Boost Mobile-branded Car Con Carne mobile