This week, I happily open the passenger door to comedian Mike Maxwell. We meet at Los 2 Amigos 2216 W Algonquin Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL, which is right next door to a Boost Mobile location. I love Boost. So much so, I mention in the podcast, “If it were open right now, I’d say let’s just go there and hang out.”
We talk about:
- The meat-to-cilantro ratio of the tacos. As Mike says, “I went with the cilantro with just a hint of steak.”
- Mike’s a “clean comic,” which leads me to ask “is it a religious thing?” Nope.
- How does parenting lend itself to comedy writing?
- Mike’s first gig. It didn’t go great.
- The PC world comics now face: “Everybody’s butt puckers up on everything.”
- Mike’s one-man show, “Anti-Boss,” a skewering of corporate America.
- Mike’s Bears fandom: Is he a “yell at the TV” guy?