WWE Hall-of-Famer Sunny talks about her wrestling career while trying not to vomit
(1/8/18) There was an issue with an previously-released MP3 of this episode. It’s been corrected, and the episode again exists in its entirety.
This week is a special episode recorded outside of the car (and without food). As 2017 was winding down, I caught up with Sunny (WWE Hall-of-Famer) backstage at a Berwyn Championship Wrestling event. Sunny was fighting the stomach flu that night (the first thing she said before recording was “I hope your mic is vomit-proof”), but she pulled it together for the conversation.
In this Boost Mobile-sponsored episode, we talked about:
- After a tabloidish few years, Sunny says everything is awesome: “The past few months of my life have been perfect.”
- 1+ years of sobriety: “I’m an alcoholic; not an addict.”
- The mentorship of people like Jim Cornette and Sherri Martel
- Her work with the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom
- How she found out she was getting inducted into the WWE HOF
- “I’m not a huge fan of women’s wrestling.”
- Sunny says she’s on good terms with the WWE in the present day
Sponsored by the fine folks at BOOST MOBILE