Bluegrass performance from Coyote Riot and cheesy beefs at Pop’s
Coyote Riot (pronounced “KEYE-OAT,” not “KEYE-oaty,” like I say throughout the episode) joins me for amazing cheesy beefs from Pop’s (10337 S Kedzie Ave, Chicago, IL 60655). More amazing, they play a blistering version of “I Was Born to Take It Easy” in my car. Yep… bluegrass performed live in a Mazda 3. So freaking cool.
In this episode, lovingly sponsored by BOOST MOBILE, we talk about:
- Coyote Riot history
- The real reason for baby wipes
- “I got beef on my leg!”
- The high point for the band (so far)
- My embarrassment over mispronouncing the band name
- The band’s next gig (Fitzgerald’s/January 12)
- “My hands are glistening”
Give it a listen, and tell a friend!