Indie-pop Chicago band Like Language (Matthew Murray & Kristen Donnelly) joins me for tacos from the always-excellent Pueblo Nuevo in Portage Park (4342 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL 60634). The episode starts with a killer acoustic performance of the new song “Like a Drug,” which is easily one of the best you’ll hear on this podcast.
- “Like a Drug”: Where did the song come from?
- Don’t worry about the performance: “I’ll clean it up in ‘post.'”
- Kristen was brilliant for ordering a chile relleno taco.
- Like Langauge’s name change from Wilder.
- Matt and Kristen’s on-and-off stage relationship. Mixing business and everyday life could be challenging at times, right?
This week’s episode is brought to you by BOOST MOBILE!