KrashKarma: Live performance and interview over Chicago deep dish pizza
This week, it’s an in-car performance and interview with KrashKarma (Ralf Dietel-singer/guitarist, Niki Skistimas-drums/vocals)! In this Boost Mobile-sponsored episode, we find ourselves at local favorite The Art of Pizza (3033 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60657).
Heard on this show:
- The band plays their new song, “Stranded,” in the car. They also explain what it’s about.
- I lured them into the car with candy.
- Ralf is a German with a sense of humor (“They kicked me out”).
- I thoughtfully rock out to the band.
- The band performed in front of the School of Rock. Did they think they were watching the advanced class?
- The proper way to eat a slice of deep dish pizza is discussed (“You need a really big mouth”).
- KrashKarma insists on spicy food. They bring their own hot sauce on the road.
- Ralf tells a hot sauce story that ends up exactly where I’d never have expected it to. Hint: It was a woman’s private area.
- What kind of host feeds his guests out of a dog bowl?
- “We can talk about flaming vaginas all day long.”
- Does KrashKarma listen to showtunes?
- Two of the best rock biographies are discussed.
- KrashKarma history: A Krash course.
- The songwriting give-and-take: Ralf might be more of a perfectionist.
- The guitar is poised for a comeback in popular music.