‘Car Con Carne is my social life’ – Dinner with new friends TAKE THE REINS
The phenomenal suburban Chicago band Take the Reins joins me for dinner at Hamburger Heaven in Elmhurst (281 N York Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126). Before you listen to this episode, make sure to listen to their recently-released “Addiction by Subtraction” album!
In this episode, sponsored by BOOST MOBILE, we discuss:
- The bitter blood feud in West Chicago between Scooby’s Hot Dogs and the Cascade Drive-In
- Where is band member Dave? The trunk.
- The mystery of an olive burger: SOLVED.
- The untouchable year Take the Reins is having.
- Take the Reins history.
- “Addiction by Subtraction” and its vinyl badassery.
- Is “Addiction by Subtraction” addiction themed?
- Elmhurst: The City of No Mufflers.
- People suck on the road. Specifically, River North during rush hour.
- Road rage gone wrong.
- The Take the Reins live itinerary, including April’s opening slot for Lucky Boys Confusion at Metro.
- Working with “Mr. Precision” and AM Taxi/LBC’s Adam Krier on the band’s sound.
- LBC’s Adam Krier: Does he actually like me?
- The hindsight and frontsight of root beer floats.
- I come to the sad revelation that my podcast is my social life.
- Fighting “dairy throat.”
- “The Summer Fist Tour”: You loved the movie, now enjoy the tour.