‘Abe doesn’t deserve to eat here’ – Abe Kanan and Dan “Bass” Levy at the phenomenal Chicago Culinary Kitchen
This is a glorious episode, as returning guests/friends Abe Kanan and Dan “Bass” Levy meet me at Chicago Culinary Kitchen (773 N Quentin Rd, Palatine, IL 60067) to try the restaurant’s Baltimore Pit Beef special. Returning guests/CCK co-owners Greg and Kristina Gaardbo jumped in the car (at alternating times) to talk about their restaurant, food, beer and rock and roll.
In this Boost Mobile-sponsored episode, we discuss:
- Abe’s new creative endeavor: SLOB BLOG (part brilliance/part cry for help), and the celebrated Panda Express “Orange Chicken challenge.”
- “Can you fit back there?” “No one can fit back there.”
- Forks are for pussies.
- The Baltimore pit beef sandwiches are too large for the car, let alone our mouths.
- The horseradish factor in the pit beef sandwiches: “It hurts so good.”
- Greg and Kristina’s trip to Mexico: Many bugs were consumed. Flying ants, anyone?
- The majesty and amazingness of the Chicago Culinary Kitchen’s menu.
- Abe’s emergency sh*tting situations.
- “If someone’s in a stall next to me, it’s all fair game.”
- My phone overheated, which Dan suspects was tied to the horseradish.
- Why homes should feel like hotels in the summer.
- Passerby Josh leans into the window as we’re recording, and we feed him bacon. He also has a deep voice, like “Bass.”
- Dry toilet paper “just doesn’t get the job done.”