Up-and-coming Chicago band Parker (Devin, Trevor, Patrick) jumps in the Mazda 3 outside the iconic Chicago hot dog stand Jim’s Original (1250 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL 60607).
PRESENTED BY BOOST MOBILE
Discussed in this episode, sponsored by Boost Mobile (the official cell provider of Car Con Carne):
- Every time I say the band name, I want to say it like J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man comics: “PARKER!”
- Parker’s roots, dating back to the first floorboard-shaking house party.
- The EP (Never Growing Old) – https://parkerchicago.bandcamp.com/album/never-growing-old
- Uber-producer Adam Krier (AM Taxi, Lucky Boys Confusion), and Parker’s “cold call” way of hooking up with him.
- Parker’s lyrics and the emotional/personal ties of “My Prayer” and “Never Growing Old.”
- The supportiveness of the scene.
- Am I an “old timer?”
- That robust scent between the Mazda and 94? It’s not a Maxwell Street Polish.
- The slightly challenging Google-ability of Parker.
- The band also turns in a jawdropping, stripped-down version of “Never Growing Old.”