This week, I’m joined by 4/7 of Ready Freddies (John, Christine, Ann Marie and Amy), a Queen tribute band comprised of A-list Chicago musicians.
We got tacos from El Primo Chuki’s on Lawrence and talked about:
- The band’s Halloween show at Martyr’s
- The impending release of the Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- Strategy for ordering tacos for a large group
- The similarities between Lawrence Avenue and Beirut
- Why did they start a Queen tribute band?
- How did John end up in an all-female tribute?
- The Queen-related “Twofer Tuesday” issue I had at the Loop
- John’s adolescent fantasy made real
- GTR Guitars gets a quick shout-out!
Car Con Carne is presented by: