How great is this… AM Taxi (Adam, Chris and Jay) jump in the Mazda (courtesy of the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston, 1015 Chicago Avenue) for an interview and in-car performance! The band’s new album, “Shiver By Me,” is an easy album to fall in love with. I’m playing it as I type this description, in fact.
Making this episode even better is the presence of Lou Malnati’s pizza. I’ve been eating Lou’s since childhood, and I’ve enjoyed every single pizza I’ve ever had from there. We took our food to-go from the Wicker Park carry out location (1520 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622). The Wicker Park location has great, friendly service to match the food!
Discussed this week:
- AM Taxi had to “sing for their supper,” performing before receiving the glorious reward of pizza from Lou Malnati’s.
- The band plays “Movie About Your Life,” a favorite from the new album. The song is great, and this exclusive Car Con Carne version is amazing. AM Taxi totally earned their Lou Malnati’s pizza.
- We got two delicious, iconic pizzas from Lou’s: Cheese and “The Lou” (Spinach mix enhanced with garlic, basil & onion, mushrooms and sliced Roma tomatoes covered with three cheeses, on a garlic Buttercrust™).
- We basically go song-by-song through “Shiver By Me,” from the personal nature of some of the songs to the obvious inspiration of “L’Patron.”
- Deep dish eating strategy.
- Is “Fed Up” AM Taxi’s “Stairway to Heaven?”
- After being in the scene as long as Adam has (including his time in the long-running and wonderful Lucky Boys Confusion), what’s different today?
- My problem remembering names: Can’t we all agree to remind people who we are if we’ve only met them once, many months ago?
- I went record shopping at Reckless before recording. Was it to impress AM Taxi?
- Should Wicker Park pizza places offer free beards as a gift with purchase?
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.
Thanks again to Lou’s for fueling this week’s conversation!