Kyle from Soothsayer Hot Sauce joins me for pizza from the thrice-visited Dante’s Pizza (2825 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60618).
Baconfest is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and co-founder Seth Zurer jumps in the Mazda 3 to talk about this year’s event. Joining us is Derrick Tung, owner of Paulie Gee’s in Logan Square. Paulie Gee’s pizzas are amazing. Go there soon. Tell ’em Car Con Carne sent you. http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/Baconfest_2018_-_CCC.mp3 In this week’s episode, […]
This week, the Boost Mobile-sponsored Car Con Carne finds me driving to Oak Lawn to meet Chicago band Black Bear Rodeo at Grassano’s (5651 W 87th St, Oak Lawn, IL 60453). Grassano’s pizza puffs are ginormous and delicious, and their reputation on the south side is well-deserved. http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/Black_Bear_Rodeo_CCC.mp3 The band started the podcast with a […]
http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/CCC_Selzer.mp3 Author Adam Selzer of Mysterious Chicago jumps in the front seat for pizza from D’Agostino’s on Ogden (752 N Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL 60642). This week’s episode is lovingly presented by Boost Mobile, and we talk about: The Chicago ghost tours Selzer leads Chicago’s newest ghost: Rosehill Pedro Why Selzer started doing ghost tours Serial […]
Mike Reidy and Karen Righeimer from W.O.R.M.(World Organization of the Righteous Movement) meet me at Village Inn in Skokie (8050 Lincoln Avenue) for a podcast episode that includes a live performance and a visit from Village Inn Managing Partner, Desi Mulingbayan.
Covered this week:
- Village Inn is “a lovely place (in) a lovely community.”
- W.O.R.M. history.
- The first song I played on my 21st birthday ties back to W.O.R.M.
- W.O.R.M.’s opening for Pigface’s anniversary show last year.
- How Karen’s aggressiveness got her the bass gig with the band
- The correct pronunciation of “ukulele.”
- Mike’s a “backseat artist.”
- W.O.R.M. CANNOT BE OUT-GOTHED.
- The beauty of old school bar fights.
- Karen dressed for the occasion.
- Desi and I are both Niles West High School alums; we were both “Indians” before someone in the school district realized the mascot was offensive
- The Village Inn menu: Over 100 items?
- Karen’s realization of Village Inn’s awesomeness: “There’s a bar??”
SPONSORED BY BOOST MOBILE
It’s another exclusive “backseat performance” as Chris Otepka of Heligoats plays two of the band’s best songs (My Camping Trip From Hell, Fish Sticks) live in the back seat of the Mazda 3. For this episode, we visit the spectacular new Riverside Pizza and Pub on 456 Redington Drive in South Elgin (http://www.riversidepizzapub.com). We go […]