Kyle from Soothsayer Hot Sauce joins me for pizza from the thrice-visited Dante’s Pizza (2825 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60618).
This week, it’s an in-car performance and interview with KrashKarma (Ralf Dietel-singer/guitarist, Niki Skistimas-drums/vocals)! In this Boost Mobile-sponsored […]
Baconfest is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and co-founder Seth Zurer jumps in the Mazda 3 to […]
This week, the Boost Mobile-sponsored Car Con Carne finds me driving to Oak Lawn to meet Chicago band […]
http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/CCC_Selzer.mp3 Author Adam Selzer of Mysterious Chicago jumps in the front seat for pizza from D’Agostino’s on Ogden (752 […]
Mike Reidy and Karen Righeimer from W.O.R.M.(World Organization of the Righteous Movement) meet me at Village Inn in Skokie (8050 Lincoln Avenue) for a podcast episode that includes a live performance and a visit from Village Inn Managing Partner, Desi Mulingbayan.
Covered this week:
- Village Inn is “a lovely place (in) a lovely community.”
- W.O.R.M. history.
- The first song I played on my 21st birthday ties back to W.O.R.M.
- W.O.R.M.’s opening for Pigface’s anniversary show last year.
- How Karen’s aggressiveness got her the bass gig with the band
- The correct pronunciation of “ukulele.”
- Mike’s a “backseat artist.”
- W.O.R.M. CANNOT BE OUT-GOTHED.
- The beauty of old school bar fights.
- Karen dressed for the occasion.
- Desi and I are both Niles West High School alums; we were both “Indians” before someone in the school district realized the mascot was offensive
- The Village Inn menu: Over 100 items?
- Karen’s realization of Village Inn’s awesomeness: “There’s a bar??”
SPONSORED BY BOOST MOBILE
It’s another exclusive “backseat performance” as Chris Otepka of Heligoats plays two of the band’s best songs (My […]