This is the second of a two-part special featuring the best of the in-car performances, sponsored by Boost Mobile. http://traffic.libsyn.com/carconcarnepodcast/CCC_BEST_OF_VOLUME_2_final.mp3 Featured in this episode are show-stopping performances from: Michael McDermott “Willow Springs” (7/4/16) Turnspit “Walk Away” (6/5/17) Them Guilty Aces “Last Straw” (6/11/17) Lucky Boys Confusion “Stormchaser” (4/19/17) Jon Langford “Walking on Hell’s Roof Looking […]
Mike Reidy and Karen Righeimer from W.O.R.M.(World Organization of the Righteous Movement) meet me at Village Inn in Skokie (8050 Lincoln Avenue) for a podcast episode that includes a live performance and a visit from Village Inn Managing Partner, Desi Mulingbayan.
Covered this week:
- Village Inn is “a lovely place (in) a lovely community.”
- W.O.R.M. history.
- The first song I played on my 21st birthday ties back to W.O.R.M.
- W.O.R.M.’s opening for Pigface’s anniversary show last year.
- How Karen’s aggressiveness got her the bass gig with the band
- The correct pronunciation of “ukulele.”
- Mike’s a “backseat artist.”
- W.O.R.M. CANNOT BE OUT-GOTHED.
- The beauty of old school bar fights.
- Karen dressed for the occasion.
- Desi and I are both Niles West High School alums; we were both “Indians” before someone in the school district realized the mascot was offensive
- The Village Inn menu: Over 100 items?
- Karen’s realization of Village Inn’s awesomeness: “There’s a bar??”